Blood Lesson WARNING re "WARTY" Install

Shu Hung (Koala) koalay.dg21 at gmail.com
Mon May 9 14:50:58 UTC 2005

Ubuntu doesn't necessarily wipe out all data on your harddisk. You can
control the partition creation and format to avoid this kind of
tragedy.

Actually, if you want to install a ubuntu with another operation
system (say "M$ Window$"), you would have to mannually edit the
partition table during the installation process. If you use the
automated "hand-free" installation instead, the installation program
would erase your old partition and all data in it.

I once installed Warty on a PC with a Windows, both systems work fine
afterward. I have a Hoary with a Windows XP on it, both systems work
fine too.

Anyway, backup is always a good idea before any system-wide change.
Wish you can overcome that.

Koala Yeung