freezing problems

James Wilkinson ubuntu at westexe.demon.co.uk
Mon May 9 12:29:03 UTC 2005

Paolo Ariano wrote:
> in ubuntu all is ok but sometimes the computer freeze:
>
> i go uto of the office, a random screensaver start to do
> beautiful things but sometimes when i come back my pc is
> freezed showing the screensaver and
> nothing to do:
>
> ctrl+alt+backspace or crtrl+alt+F1 nothing to do i have to
> reboot :(
>
> how can i debug where the problem is ?

It's very likely that this is the X server. Which graphics hardware do
you have, and which driver are you using?

If you don't know how to tell, can you open a terminal, type in
grep Driver /etc/X11/xorg.conf
and post the results?

Thanks,

James.

--
E-mail address: james | The grass is always greener on the other side of
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | the sunglasses.