problems with apt-get remove openoffice.org

Dennis Kaarsemaker dennis at kaarsemaker.net
Mon May 9 09:37:50 UTC 2005

On ma, 2005-05-09 at 11:15 +0200, Paolo Ariano wrote:

> want to remove also language-support-it* and ubuntu-desktop*
> that is not my goal ... i'd like _only_ to remove _only_ OO
>
> how to make the job without purging ubuntu-desktop ?

You can't. But it's not that bad: language-support-it and ubuntu-desktop
are both metapackages that do not contain actual useful data or
programs. Their only job is to depend on a lot of things that make up a
good desktop (and good language support). When you remove them, the
things they depend on will not be removed, so you will still have agood
desktop and good language support.
--
Dennis K.
 <- Are you suicidal?