howto make a HOWTO?

Magnus Therning magnus at therning.org
Mon May 9 06:31:32 UTC 2005

On Sun, May 08, 2005 at 12:36:48PM -0800, Oliver Savage wrote:
>I've posted this to ubuntuforums.org as well in the Ubuntu Forums >
>Ubuntu Hoary Hedgehog 5.04  > Hoary 5.04 Application Support  >
>Installation Help section and will create a Howto HOWTO out of the

I think posting notes/hints/comments on the Ubuntu wiki pages is good!
It means your text will be indexed by Google and that brings up the
chance of others finding it tremendously. Writing your own HOWTO might
require more work on your side to get the same benefit.

If you want to write a HOWTO you can take a look at the HOWTO HOWTO
(http://www.tldp.org/LDP/LDP-Author-Guide/html/index.html).

/M

magnus at therning.org
http://magnus.therning.org/

by patent law on written works.

Found in comp.lang.scheme:
> What's so great about the lambda calculus?
In a profession plagued by, "when all you have is a hammer, everything
looks like a nail," we get really excited when someone is able to come
along and prove that everything really *is* a nail if lambda is the
hammer.
     -- brlewis at my-deja.com