Which filesystem should I use

suoko ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Sun May 8 21:39:22 UTC 2005

Gábor Iglói Wrote:
> > /storage = jfs (I have used xfs for a fair while but it doesnt like

> > powercuts or anything, you tend to loose some data, where as jfs is

> > slightly quicker and I havnt had any problems with it as of yet.

> I confirm that: xfs is useful only in stable environments (suppose you

> have an uninterruptable power supply and no user 1.0 accidentally

> pushing the power button). And if it gets corrupted it cannot fix

> itself during next bootup - you need to fix it by hand (easiest way

> with a Live CD). But its fast and performs well in stable environments

> (my friend is running a Debian Woody server on top of XFS for years).

I  read here that xfs cannot fix itself during next bootup.

Is it true for reiserfs as well? I'm asking this because this is my
case and my reiserfs root fs has never fixed itself so far (excect the
fact that ts sometimes fix itself apparently with no reason, maybe
because of an automatic check after x reboots).

--
suoko