Evolution : oh my god !

Senectus . senectus at gmail.com
Mon May 9 02:55:11 UTC 2005

On 5/9/05, Vincent Trouilliez <vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr> wrote:
> > Ok not the same problem then..
> > I did a quick search on the evolution bugzilla and got only three hits
> > for 2.2.1.1 :-P
>
> Yeah, this certainly means that Evo is perfect ! ;-)
>
> > non of them anything like your problem.. if you can replicate it try
> > submit a report...
>
> I didn't do anything special to "trigger" it, I was simply typing an
> e-mail to this list. And I bloody hope I will NOT be able to replicate
> it, I hope it will NEVER do it again. It was real scary ! :-/
> Certainly a show stopper, critical rated bug, if Hoary were still in
> development, but alas, it's over now. So all I can do is hope that it
> will never do it again... brrr ! :o(

If it can be repliceted and it happens often enough then they will
submit a fix I have no concern about that.
Failing that next time (IF) it happens again. run this in the command
line and it will "kill" Evolution for you:
evolution --force-shutdown

That command was a saviour for me with the other bug

--
Ubuntu Hoary 5.04
Our OS who art in CPU, LINUX be thy name. Thy programs run, thy