install trouble

Oliver Savage oliver.savage at gmail.com
Sun May 8 19:51:35 UTC 2005

Another thing you can do is to choose expert install by typing
"expert" at the install prompt. On the menu is a choice that reads
something like, Verify CD Integrity. This will check the CD to see if
there is a problem reading from it. The check can also be used to
figure out if the CD-Drive has a problem.

On my first Ubuntu install I had the same problem as you. I had
checked the md5sum after download. Burned the CD and then went to
install, every time it failed on the same file. So I downloaded the
ISO again. Then I noticed the CD Integrity check option, and I ran
that. It would fail in the CD drive, but when I put the same disk in
the DVD drive and ran the check it passed. Indicating that the problem
was with the CD drive.