HP DeskJet 5740, CUPS and The GIMP

Anders Karlsson anders at trudheim.com
Sun May 8 16:24:23 UTC 2005

Hi there,

I have recently acquired a HP DeskJet 5740 to replace an older printer
that died, and as linuxprinting.org reported this printer as fully
functional with the hpijs driver, I bought it. And the printer does work
very well indeed, apart from in one scenario that I have found.

I am printing to this printer from my laptop to the server where the
printer is physically attached via USB. It is CUPS all the way to handle
printing.

The problem I am having is that while I can dump a .png or a .jpg to the
printer, as well as using enscript to produce a .ps to print and all
that is working, I can not print from the GIMP at all. On the paper all
I get is a line and a half of plain text.

Has anyone managed to get this printer working fully in the GIMP?

Kind Regards,

--
Anders Karlsson <anders at trudheim.com> | GnuPG Key ID - 0x4B20601A
Senior QA Engineer - McAfee WebShield | finger anders at lenin.trudheim.com