Network embarassment

Brian Astill bastill at adam.com.au
Sun May 8 10:17:54 UTC 2005

It's been a while since I set up a network, and I seem to have forgotten
something.  How embarassing.  :-*

I have made the appropriate entries in hosts, left hosts.deny blank, and tried
blank, ALL: ALL and specific listing of name, address, FQDN in hosts.allow.
Result in every case:  The computers can ping each other successfully, but ftp
returns "connection denied" whether I try to log on anonymously, as
user/password or root/password.  Like I said, I have forgotten something.

Either that or there is a default firewall in ubuntu warty I need to bypass.

Help, please!  :-P

--
Regards,
Brian