bought a huge monitor, wanna change resolution

Oliver Grawert hostmaster at grawert.net
Sun May 8 09:34:01 UTC 2005

hi,
Am Sonntag, den 08.05.2005, 04:06 +0200 schrieb Vincent Trouilliez:
> > It asks me the same questions. The default value is already filled in. I use
> > that by just hitting <enter>. :)
>
> Ah, that must be the problem then... some of the questions don't have a
> default value (especially keyboard questions IIRC, and also memory), so
> I have to guess a value, and obviously end up screwing the system big
> time. So I prefer to edit the xorg.conf by hand and change only the
> elements that need to be changed, and nothing else. This has served me
> well so far...
if there was nothing in the value field, why dont you just assume that
nothing was the default ;) just dont touch the other fields, then you do
the same as editing your xorg.conf as you described, dpkg-reconfigure
just reads your xorg.conf and presents it line by line to you.

lines that are not existent are presented with a empty value but that
doesnt mean you have to fill it ;)

ciao
	oli