bought a huge monitor, wanna change resolution

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Sun May 8 02:06:12 UTC 2005

> It asks me the same questions. The default value is already filled in. I use
> that by just hitting <enter>. :)

Ah, that must be the problem then... some of the questions don't have a
default value (especially keyboard questions IIRC, and also memory), so
I have to guess a value, and obviously end up screwing the system big
time. So I prefer to edit the xorg.conf by hand and change only the
elements that need to be changed, and nothing else. This has served me
well so far...

--
Vince