Safe for notebook ???

Emil Oppeln-Bronikowski opi at cyb3r.org
Sun May 8 09:25:15 UTC 2005

Alan.Carville at Newmont.com wrote:

> Is it "safe" 2 inst Ubuntu (as this will DELETE Windowxs XP).

  Ubuntu installation won't uninstall/delete XP. You just need some disk
space for Ubuntu's partitions

> Can I expect*/ better/*// from Ubuntu i.e. DVD's,Net surfing,Burning etc?
> OR……is it pos 2 have XP & Ubuntu?

  This is very subjective experience. Net surfing is far better. I just
love Linux software for the Internet. It's also a bit safer. Burning?
With Nautilus you can drag&drop files into the CD-R window. In KDE
there's K3B. DVD? XP has no DVD out of box, same goes for Ubuntu. You
can apt-get codecs from Universe.

--
  Emil Oppeln-Bronikowski, http://bronikowski.com
  Random order: Work. Sleep. Toilet. Eat.