[Hoary] using the Warty kernel ?

Tommy Trussell tommy.trussell at gmail.com
Sat May 7 19:47:23 UTC 2005

On 5/7/05, Vincent Trouilliez <vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr> wrote:
> Ah, looks like I did it wrong then. Can I really install the Warty
> kernel in HoOary with Synaptic ? Will it not screw up the whole system ?
> Well I have nothing to lose, I will try...

Ideally you would learn how to "pin" apt because that's the proper way
to make it resolve dependencies across different repositories.

Here's a link to "Apt-Pinning for Beginners"
http://jaqque.sbih.org/kplug/apt-pinning.html

And here's the APT chapter in the Debian manual:

http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-howto/ch-apt-get.en.html

BUT here's a MUCH EASIER idea -- if you're tearing everything down,
just do a Warty install, upgrade it, and then upgrade to Hoary -- the
last Warty kernel will STILL be installed, and you can just choose it
in grub.