Wireless network diagnosis

Adam Brault adambrault at gmail.com
Sat May 7 17:21:20 UTC 2005

I had serious issues with this device when I first installed Ubuntu...
really crazy behavior, not able to find a WAP I was right next to, not
able to connect to even open WAPs, etc.

What finally got it to work was getting the latest driver installed
(see here: http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-12270.html --
see the howto about four posts down)

and then not at all using Ubuntu's wireless management, but instead
using a cool little tool for switching WAPs, etc. (found here:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=25398 )

Then I ran a simple:

$ sudo iwconfig eth1 essid any

and from that point on it worked GREAT.

Hope this helps. I fought it for a long time. Good luck. I'd be happy
to answer any questions I can.

--adam.b