chmod problem

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Sat May 7 03:48:47 UTC 2005

> Now everything in my home folder with a starting letter before "L" (i
> guess it was doing it in alphabetic order) has the permissions 777
> (rwx for all users).  Does anyone know of any way I can get back the
> defaults?  Or of any way I can have the permissions reverted to the
> way they were less than 10 minutes ago?

Hardly an expert, but is there any problem with personal data to have
777 permissions ? Even if they are several users on the system, I
suppose they should not be able to access your home folder, so whatever
the permissions of some of the files inside this folder, people wouldn't
see them anyway ?
Easier is probably to just leave everything alone and just call it hands
on experience ;o)

--
Vince