Why are we still using Eye of Gnome?

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Sat May 7 01:03:55 UTC 2005

> Re: Why are we still using Eye of Gnome?

Yes, EOG is a bit too bloated for an image viewer, it was better when
Nautilus could handle image viewing internally, was quicker as well, but
I understand how the "Spatial" philosophy needs a separate window to
display the pic.
Maybe we should make a cut down version of EOG (faster loading and
sleeker/simpler looking), when it is started from Nautilus to show pics,
and have the full featured/slow/bloated EOG only when explicitely
started from the menu, or when clicking on "open with...".

gThumb ? How great for a quick image viewer, might as well use Photoshop
or Gimp ! ;-)

> IMO, I think they should switch their about definitions.

Yes, this is much more reasonable... ;o)

BTW, Warty uses EOG, but it seems Hoary does use gThumb. Maybe you
should upgrade to Hoary then ;o)

--
Vince