Postfix and Courier will not receive mail

Lance Earl dallypost at yahoo.com
Fri May 6 16:27:21 UTC 2005

http://www.siliconvalleyccie.com/linux-hn/dns-static.htm

http://www.linux.com/howtos/Postfix-Cyrus-Web-cyradm-HOWTO/postfix-
> config.shtml
>
> http://www.seaglass.com/postfix/faq.html (very good)
>
> http://postfixwiki.org/index.php?title=Main_Page
>

> Here's a Courier-Postfix-ldap howto. I suggest it in
> the event your want
> to use virtual accounts as opposed to client
> accounts on the the
> server.
>
> http://www.vriesman.tk/
>
> Also, you'll find this link useful for Courier and
> Postfix -
>
> http://www.idealog.us/2004/10/helpful_guide_t.html
>
> and this one will also provide excellent background
>
> http://www.workaround.org/articles/ispmail/
>

> Since this is your first attempt, IMHO, you will
> benefit from reading
> the background and the configuration steps. You
> didn't tackle the
> easiest subject in the Linux world. But, you'll find
> that this is
> Linux's bread and butter.
>
> You'll have questions, please ask the mailing list
> for help.
>
> It will benefit everyone if you report your
> experience even write down
> the steps you took and get back to us.
>
> Also, it will not take you very long to read and
> understand the links
> presented.
>
> Tom

Hi Tom,

As it turned out, I did forget on step in the DNS
setup.
I have all my virtul files set up in /var/named. These
were copied from my old server where they were sorking
correctly so I think they are good.

I also have my zones set up in /etc/named.conf. Again
this info came from the old server where it was
working before.

I forgot to add the virtul host sections to
httpd.conf. When I went to look at the file it was
empty. I seem to remember there being more in this
file in addition the the Virtual Host sections. Here
is my httpd.conf

# This is here for backwards compatability reasons and
to support
#  installing 3rd party modules directly via apxs2,
rather than
#  through the /etc/apache2/mods-{available,enabled}
mechanism.
#
#LoadModule mod_placeholder
/usr/lib/apache2/modules/mod_placeholder.so

One difference between this new server and the old one
is that I have upgraded to apache2

Lance

Yahoo! Mail