Hoary and sound

Christoph Bier christoph.bier at web.de
Fri May 6 10:34:24 UTC 2005

steven at heimann.com.au schrieb:

[...]

> I have examined the modules listing and there seem to be quite a few
> relating to sound.  How would I determine which are relevant?
>
> I have included the listing below.

It would have been nice not to post those modules you're sure of
being not involved (e.g. smbfs, cpufreq* etc.).

[...]

> Module                  Size  Used by
[...]
> snd_atiixp             18596  2
> snd_ac97_codec         64608  1 snd_atiixp
> snd_pcm_oss            47652  0
> snd_mixer_oss          16768  2 snd_pcm_oss
> snd_pcm                84872  4 snd_atiixp,snd_ac97_codec,snd_pcm_oss
> snd_timer              23300  1 snd_pcm
> snd                    50276  7
> snd_atiixp,snd_ac97_codec,snd_pcm_oss,snd_mixer_oss,snd_pcm,snd_timer
> soundcore               9824  2 snd
> snd_page_alloc          9604  2 snd_atiixp,snd_pcm
[...]
> atiixp                  6160  1

I don't know which soundcard you use and which driver (module) is
necessary, but maybe atiixp conflicts with snd_atiixp? ... atiixp is
used by ide_core ... what is atiixp for? What soundcard is used?
Please, give us some more information about your system! Guessing is
cumbersome.

Regards,
     Christoph
--