Signature invalid ....update failing

Matt Zimmerman mdz at ubuntu.com
Thu May 5 07:05:20 UTC 2005

On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 03:45:30PM +0700, zer0halo wrote:

> I'm experiencing the same problem with archive.ubuntu.com for the last
> day or two. Not sure what the problem is. I posted something on the
> mailing list but no reply yet.
>
> You can verify that you have the ubuntu key by doing:
>
> $ gpg --list-keys ubuntu

That command will only check whether you happen to have a key with "ubuntu"
in it in your personal keyring.

To check which keys are being used by apt, you would use "apt-key list".
However, it's clear from the error message that the original poster has the
correct keys.

The usual cause for such problems is a misbehaving transparent proxy, or
similar issue, which causes two of the files being downloaded (Release and
Release.gpg) to be out of sync with each other.

--
 - mdz