error message after upgrade with update-manager
ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Wed May 4 20:27:47 UTC 2005
Well now that I'm drying out my PC ... ;-)
I confess - perhaps "solved" wasn't the right word.
I had tried un-prelinking OO.O though, with no luck. It seems apt-get
was trying to re-prelink, and not succeeding. Removing prelink
obviously made this impossible, and made apt-get work finally. I
didn't think to try re-prelinking myself, and I haven't tried
re-installing prelink. To be honest I was a bit wary of prelink in the
first place, and on my PC it didn't seem to have any noticeable affect
anyways, so I was just happy to not have apt-get whining at me anymore.
(Not that I'm upset it was whining - I loved that it kept trying again
every time I ran it, rather than collapsing in a heap and permanently
screwing up OO.O)
More information about the ubuntu-users