A Plea for sanity when posting to this list.

linux vivalinux at fastmail.fm
Wed May 4 12:59:20 UTC 2005

As a newbee I must say:
- it is importante the correct subject line so I can read and learn
faster
- the subject line it's also important for a correct archive
- The thanks answer could be useful so we can learn with that suggestion

I think all questions are wellcome (from newbees and experts)
But answers must be really usefull.
Don't feed questions without a purpose.

Best Regards
Abreu Pires

On Tue, 3 May 2005 19:57:21 -0400, "Matthew S-H" <mathbymath at aol.com>
said:
> Just a few more...
>
> * Change the subject line to the message you are replying to if you
> read e-mails using a Daily Digest and you are sending a response.
> * Be thorough in your explanations, especially when responding to
> someone that is a "newb".
> * Don't assume they know everything; if they did, they probably
> wouldn't be asking.   [related to the last one]
> * Avoid "thank you for your help" e-mails on the list after an issue
> has been resolved.  If you feel the need to send out "thank you"s, send
> them to people directly (off the list).
>
> ~Matt
>

> On May 3, 2005, at 7:35 PM, Kenton Brede wrote:
>
> > On Wed, May 04, 2005 at 08:54:15AM +1000, David (david at kenpro.com.au)
> > wrote:
> >> Especially since this i such a busy list, is it possible for posters
> >> follow some simple sane rules for posting?
> >>
> >> * Make your subject line relevant
> >> * snip irrelevant material when replying
> >> * change the subject line as the thread "evolves"
> >> * keep it short, but complete
> >> * don't top post
> >> * avoid "amen to that" responses
> >> * other things I haven't thought of?
> >
> > * Wrap lines to no more than 78 characters.
> > * Post plain text, not HTML.
> > * Keep sigs short.
> >
> > Kent
> >
> > --
> > "Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that
> > matter."
> >   - Martin Luther King Jr.
> >

> > --
Abreu Pires
Porto - Portugal
vivalinux
"O único modo de alguém ser feliz é julgar-se feliz"
Fernando Pessoa
 "Ubuntu" is an ancient African word, meaning "humanity to others". Ubuntu also means "I am what I am because of who we all are". The Ubuntu Linux distribution brings the spirit of Ubuntu to the software world.