books on ubuntu linux

John Levin john at technolalia.org
Wed May 4 11:12:47 UTC 2005

On 4 May 2005, at 02:03, Mathew Nowend wrote:

> Can anyone suggest or know of any books
>  for helping with Ubuntu?   I checked
>  Barnes & Nobles, Books a Million, and
>  amazon and nothing really popped up.

As others have said, there aren't any ubuntu-specific books as yet.
There are some books on Debian, although many seem to be quite out of
date.

I don't know what you're looking for (introductions, basic primers,
hardcore technical specifications), but one book I like is 'Linux
Desktop Hacks' by Petreley and Bacon, pub. O'Reilly.
(http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/linuxdeskhks/) There's a few sample
hacks on the website to give you a taste.

Clearly written, geared towards the desktop user (as opposed to the
developer), it's platform-agnostic, but much of it applies to ubuntu -
and what doesn't will generally apply to Kubuntu.

John

www.ubuntulinux.org
linux for humans