A Couple of Thunderbird Questions

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed May 4 06:34:27 UTC 2005

Ed Fletcher wrote:

> Alex Mandel wrote:
> | 1. Not sure, point your current install to the old directory in
> | Edit->Account Settings->Server Settings
> | or you could copy the files from your
> | user/.mozilla-thunderbird/profilename/ directory over to the new location
> | I believe the address book is abook.mab, and mail is the "mail" folder
> | at the same level.
>
> OK, found them under ~/.mozilla-thunderbird/nuqi35wy.default/Mail/Local
> Folders/Inbox.sbd
>
> (I have no idea what the 'nuqi35wy' is all about.  Anybody know?)

It's some random generation of profiles thing, been around in
Netscape/Mozilla and Windows as far as I can remember although I don't
know why.

> | 2.Edit->Preferences->Composition->Send Options(Lower Part of Page)
> | Should give you all the options you need.
>
> The upper part of that page refers to the per-recipient rules in the
> address book.  The lower part might work if I can enter *.* for the
> domains to send plain text to.  I'll try playing around with that.  But
> I still think that there must be a global setting so that I never send
> mail as html.

Ya, the top drop down, just say convert to text and don't bother
specifying domains then it will handle all mail as text I think.
I've never had a problem as far as I can tell.

You can always go over to Thunderbirds email lists to get a better answer,
Alex