How/if to contribute with Compaq W200 wireless usb?

ChaNce ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Wed May 4 00:23:26 UTC 2005

ChaNce Wrote:
> OK, Ive done this, but I cant seem to get the usb wireless card to turn
> on. Pressing Fcn-f2 does nothing. I installed 5.04 from the img, clean
> install.

> Any reason the light should not come on? Anything I should check?

> Thanks,

This is another help request. My ubuntu install on my laptop is
worthless until I can get the damn light to come on:)

Has anyone had any luck getting the W200 to work from a clean install?
The usb multiport card has a light that should come on. It does not.

Any other thoughts, suggestions? I have completed all of the
instructions here. It should be working.

--
ChaNce