qemu

Russell Cook ruscook_oz at yahoo.com.au
Tue May 3 22:40:27 UTC 2005

Hi Steve,
as I said, I can do a full WinXP install, but not get qemu to reload if
I close the session.

The command line I used is
qemu -user-net -hda winxp  -cdrom /home/data/files/WindowsXPSP2.iso
-boot d
-hda  image file winxp (I'm in the directory where that file is), as
hard disk a (or 0,0) as the ide disk.
-cdrom use as iso image (my WinXP cd as an iso file - not mounted) as
the windows XP install CD
-boot d use the hard disk to boot from.

When this was running I did a savevm before shutting down, in the hope
that using the disk image and a memory image would enable the boot to
work. It didn't :-(

Anyway the commandline I used for this was:
qemu -user-net -hda winxp  -loadvm savwinxp1
-cdrom /home/data/files/WindowsXPSP2.iso -boot d

I hope my copy of Vmware 5 (beta has run out) get's here soon as I need
access to a few windows things.

Hope this info is useful, let me know how you go.

Russ