No sound in saa7134 tv card

crimsun at fungus.sh.nu crimsun at fungus.sh.nu
Tue May 3 21:29:31 UTC 2005

On Tue, May 03, 2005 at 03:46:37PM +0300, Hussam Al-Tayeb wrote:
> I loaded the driver using: modeprobe saa7134 card=11 tuner=2
> The video works but without sound. Linein volume is set correctly and all
> sound cables are set up correctly. The used to work in fedora and it still
> works in WindowsXP.

If you already have one sound device supported by ALSA, the OSS dsp
devices haven't been registered due to ALSA's OSS emulation being
loaded. Try:

sudo modprobe -r saa7134 && sudo modprobe saa7134 card=11 tuner=2 \
	oss=1 mixer_nr=1 dsp_nr=1

(the \ is used here only to denote that the entire command is one
line)

Then you should be able to access the sound device using /dev/dsp1
and control it using /dev/mixer1.

Daniel T. Chen          crimsun at fungus.sh.nu
GPG key:   www.sh.nu/~crimsun/pubkey.gpg.asc