Ubuntu HDTV

Byron Poland wpoland at gmail.com
Tue May 3 15:05:38 UTC 2005

On 5/3/05, Matt Patterson <matt at v8zman.com> wrote:
> I have a Philips HDTV (I think native display is 720P, but its ok with
> 800x600, 640x480, 720x480, and one higher res) hooked up via DVI to a
> Geforce 3 TI 500. I was wondering if anyone has had any sucess getting a
> display up on one of these. It would be real great if I could get it to
> display the full 1080i, windows wouldnt, so I would love to see Ubuntu
> kick butt.
>
> Matt

Hi,  Try searching through the Mythtv archives
(http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/) I know I see some
chatter there on this subject, but I haven't seen too much on direct
DVI connections.  In the end I think it all comes down to Modlines.

this might help too. geared for fedora, but still helpful in a broader sense.
http://www.wilsonet.com/mythtv/mythhd.php

I haven't done this yet but its on my radar for things to try.