Firefox blocks my firefox in hoary ubuntu

Christoph Bier christoph.bier at web.de
Tue May 3 09:25:28 UTC 2005

Jesús Gascón Gómez schrieb:

>>From time to time and randomly, when I visit some websites with Firefox,
> everything in gnome gets freezed, and I have to reset my computer.

Same problem here, but not confined to firefox. Do you work with
xterm? Sometimes it is enough to upgrade the system using an xterm
instead of synaptic to freeze my machine here. I can move the mouse
but the keyboard is dead. Everything else (network, ssh ...) is
still working and I'm able to login via ssh from another machine.
Killing gdm helps then. No need to reset that machine.

> Has anybody the same problem? Should I see firefox' logs in case I find
> there the problem?

I don't have any idea. I checked /var/log/messages and
/var/log/syslog but didn't find anything conspicuous.

[...]

Regards,
    Christoph