Echoaudio Mia problems

ThrashJazzAssassin ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Tue May 3 00:43:32 UTC 2005

So the card is -supported-, but not -enabled -in the kernel?

Since the drivers for the echoaudio cards were added to ALSA 1.08, I
waited patiently for a distro to come out with the new ALSA included.
MEPIS 3.3 was released and I proptly installed it, hoping that my
Darla20 would be found and configured automaticly for me. Sadly this
was not the case so I tried 'alsaconf' and 'modprobe', with no success.
I even tried downloading the ALSA source and compiling it using the
instructions from the ALSA pages but it still didn't accnolege that the
card existed.

I decided to wait for Ubuntu Hoary to be released. Also promising the
new ALSA 1.08.

I was let down again. Not only did Ubuntu not find my soundcard, it
wouldn't even let me run 'alsaconf' or the modprobe command.

Will I have to wait 5 months for breezy before I ditch windows?

--
ThrashJazzAssassin