[Fwd: Paypal® NET Security Department]

Tony Arnold tony.arnold at manchester.ac.uk
Mon May 2 15:13:24 UTC 2005

They are most definitely spoof e-mails and they do not originate from
their apparent sender. Financial organisations such as Paypal and banks
etc., never ever send out e-mail asking you to confirm your account
details, so if you receive one it is by definition a spoof.

If you do follow the link supplied then the fake WEB page you end up at
captures your bank details and you can say bye-bye to the contents of
your bank account or credit card and to your identity as well! It's a
serious problem, so don't respond to these messages.

Regards,
Tony.