can't print to pdf in hoary

solemneyed solemneyed at gmail.com
Mon May 2 03:20:18 UTC 2005

Hmmm, maybe, but I *am* able to do the conversion on the website
http://www.ps2pdf.com, and the resulting pdf is fine, so it seems like the
postscript version is generated with no problems, but that something ugly
happens during the conversion to pdf. I wonder if it could be a font issue,
but I'm not sure where to start looking to prove/disprove the hypothesis...

sz

On 5/1/05, Seth McBean <sepheebear at spymac.com> wrote:

> Might be postscript. I had/have a similar issue, however I was using
> cups2pdf from Epiphany to print. Page came out like you described,
> images but no text. Thought it was an issue with cups2pdf since the ps
> file looked fine in evince. However I get the nothing but empty boxes
> where the text should be when I try to convert it. Could be some funky
> going on with postscript.
>

> On May 1, 2005, at 4:23 AM, solemneyed wrote:
>
> > I don't seem to be able to print to pdf, while I could a few weeks
> > ago. I can print to postscript, but then when I run ps2pdf the
> > resulting pdf has only images -- the text is stripped out.
> >
> > Any advice would be much appreciated!

People suck. Except you.
http://www.solemneyed.com