kernel support for USB-USB networking

david nux at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Mar 31 20:41:36 UTC 2005

	Greetings,

I'm trying to get my Zaurus to be able to use the network connection
via the USB cradle on my Ubuntu box. Whilst searching for help on the
subject I came across the following in a Debian tutorial.

Starting with kernel 2.4.21, there is out of the box support for the
Zaurus in the kernel.
You don't need to patch the kernel anymore !!
In the linux kernel configuration just make sure you select the
following:
In the USB support section, in the USB Network adaptors subsection,
select USB-to-USB Networking cables, Linux PDAs and recompile the
modules ( make modules modules_install ).

Is this enabled in Ubuntu or do I need to recompile the kernel?

(I've removed the default OS and replaced it with opie 3.5.2).

regards

David