farsi localization

Matt Price matt.price at utoronto.ca
Thu Mar 31 17:20:36 UTC 2005

On Thu, Mar 31, 2005 at 02:27:21AM +0200, Thomas Templin wrote:
> On Wednesday 30 March 2005 18:19, Matt Price wrote:
> > hi folks,
> >
> > a student of mine is uncomfortable in English and speaks Farsi
> > (Persian) as her native language.  Our class is using ubuntu as
> > the main distro, but I don't see a Farsi translation project over
> > atthe wiki.  Anyone know of perhaps another distro that features
> > support for Farsi?
>
> I can't read farsi so your student may have a look:
> http://www.persian-linux.org/
>
> Mr Mohammad Khansari should be able to give information you are
> asking for:
> http://mehr.sharif.edu/~khansari/
>
> He gave a talk about "National Farsi Linux project in geneva last
> year:
> http://www.iosn.net/country/iran/news/NationalFarsiLinuxproject
> http://www.iosn.net/country/iran/events/conferenceonappliedlinuxinministryofeducation/view
>
> Bye,
> TT

thanks to everyone who responded, I agree with ladislav that shabdix
looks much more complete, I will certainly give it a try.  And I will
try to get in touch with Mr. Khansari as well.

thanks,
matt

Matt Price	    matt.price at utoronto.ca
History Department, University of Toronto
(416) 978-2094

The following addresses are for you if you're an evil spambot:
zeus at derailleur.org aardvark at derailleur.org