another question about locales

ulrich steffens ulrich at barfuss-jerusalem.org
Wed Mar 30 17:10:21 UTC 2005

hi list,
im running an up2date hoary with no known (at least to me :) breakage.
what's confusing is that i got mixed languages in my system.
so the main 3 menu entries in the panel are english while the submenues
are in german. in evolution for example i have english menues, but the
main point in evolution>preferences are german. also the main buttons in
evolution are german (the ones for email/contacts/etc...)
so i assume that i really miss a point in keeping my system consistent.

the files i know of that deal with locales look like this:

tazio at rockarolla ~ $ cat /etc/environment

LANG=de_DE.UTF-8

tazio at rockarolla ~ $ locale
LANG=de_DE.UTF-8
LC_CTYPE="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_NUMERIC="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_TIME="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_COLLATE="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_MONETARY="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_MESSAGES="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_PAPER="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_NAME="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_ADDRESS="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_TELEPHONE="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_MEASUREMENT="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="de_DE.UTF-8"
LC_ALL=

what am i missing to have a full german layout?

thanks in advance
--
- ulrich