which kernel for athlonXP-official answer needed

Bob Nielsen nielsen at oz.net
Tue Mar 29 19:51:29 UTC 2005

Probably the kernel list would be the best place to ask.

The help file for K7 selection in the kernel source (2.6.8.1, at least)
says:

Select this for an AMD Athlon K7-family processor.  Enables use of
some extended instructions, and passes appropriate optimization
flags to GCC.

I've been using these kernels for quite a while and have experienced no
problems.