Gnome Volume Control

Daniel Robitaille robitaille at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 20:02:56 UTC 2005

On Mon, 28 Mar 2005 14:52:01 -0500, matt nicholson <sjoeboo at sjoeboo.com> wrote:
> piggy back on this:
>
> gnome-volume control isn't saving my mixer settings. i have surround
> sound, and every reebot require me to turn teh wave surround chan back
> up. kindof  anoying. any ideas?

is autosaved turned on in your /etc/default/alsa ?

# Configuration file for alsa-base.

# The value of alsactl_store_on_shutdown determines when "alsactl store"
# will be executed. If the setting is 'always autosave' then the command
# will be executed on shutdown (insofar as the setting of the
# runlevels_save variable permits this).  If the setting is
# 'never autosave' then the command will never be executed.
alsactl_store_on_shutdown="always autosave"