Memory card reader (USB port) : ins and outs ?

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Mon Mar 28 19:25:10 UTC 2005

> Please test with a Hoary live CD and see if hot-plugging your device works properly.
>
> http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/daily-live/current/
>
> --
>  - mdz

Okay, I tried hard to dig out what has to be my last blanck CD, and
burned the current Live CD.
I have to say, I am happy, it is the very first Live CD that actually
starts and doesn't hang when it's about to start X, all previous Live
CDs (and install CD's as well), hung the machine, due to 'vbesave'...

Anyway, like for the updated Array 6 I tried this morning, this Live CD
works perfectly. As soon as I plug the card reader, the Live CD starts
spining, and creates loats of sd* devices.
Then as soon as I insert a memory card, Nautilus detects it and shows
the content of the card.

How do Warty and Hoary differ in their USB devices hotplugging detection
mechanisms ? Would be great if we could sort out Warty, as I am unlikely
to switch to Hoary.

--
Vince