Warty hog fonts

Seth M. sepheebear at spymac.com
Fri Mar 25 14:17:03 UTC 2005

Wow I was just playing around with this myself. I believe the short
answer is in fontconfig.

  Short fix can be to simply change the resolution of fonts in the
"Details" section of the Font capplet in Gnome. In Hoary it is located
in the menu System -> Preferences -> Font. In Warty Im not too sure. I
think Computer -> Preferences -> Font. Anyhow, in there on the bottom
right-hand side, is a button "Details". Click that and at the top of
the next window raise the DPI resolution of your fonts to your liking
to make fonts appear bigger.

  Another thing to look at for making fonts look really great on your
screen is to check out the resolution that you have setup in X.

  There's a great how-to on Ubuntu Forums that goes deeper into this at:

  Check the output values of the commands 'xdpyinfo | grep resolution'
and 'xdpyinfo | grep dimensions' and use those values to tweak the
"DisplaySize" variable in the "Monitor" section of /etc/X11/xorg.conf
or /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 respectively.

  Regards,
  Seth