Gubuntu (Portage in Ubuntu) :)

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Thu Mar 24 13:54:55 UTC 2005

> > There can be portage in Ubuntu after Kde (Kubuntu).
> >
> (Joke)
> Somebody slap this man.. he obviously doesn't have enough work to do. :-P
>
> Seriously though.. this is NOT a good idea.

Please forgive my ignore Senectus, but what is "Portage" exactly ?
I did come across this word once or twice I think, but don't really know
what it is. Is it Gentoo's way of adding new programs to the system,
where you have no packages in repositories, but must spend hours and
fortunes to hire a programmer to compile everything from source every
time ?

--
Vince