Casper

Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen thorbjoern at gmail.com
Tue Mar 22 12:16:06 UTC 2005

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 21:17:55 -0600, Tab Gilbert <tabbox at gmail.com> wrote:
> > please change your mailinglist options away from digest,
> > so people will see the long history of your attempts.
>
> I just checked and I never turned on the digest option.  I was
> wondering if it was something in the way gmail threaded discussions
> but see lots of other gmail -don't know.
>
> Downloaded PCLInux Live and it got into some kind of loop but did take
> me to a command line.  Working a Live Slax right now.  Just saw
> someone else having an .iso problem but did not seem related.  I think
> Knoppix has a RAM check application which I am going to try later.
> Mandrake 10.1 did not like the gateway cd-rw/dvd drive but that
> problem was posted on their site.

It sounds to me like you have a hardware problem - either with burning
or your burner disliking your media (my combodrive does not like
booting from CDRW-media).

Since your bandwidth appears to be good enough, perhaps you should try
a diskette based FTP-install instead?

--
  Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen - "...plus...Tubular Bells!"