trying to install 4.10 ("warty-warthog") on a "Titanium" powerbook

Eric Dunbar eric.dunbar at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 23:45:34 UTC 2005

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005 16:10:14 -0600, chris <cja1 at datasync.com> wrote:
> How do I get that done with disk utility (I have version 10.4.2).  The
> app is called disk utility and comes with Mac OS.  I've tried several
> ways and it ain't happening.
>
> I've tried two third party apps: Burnz and Dragon Burn without success.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>         Chris
>
> PS: if there's any any third party apps that do this that cost $5 or
> less or if they have a free trial, let me know.  I've spent a lot on
> hardware recently and I can't afford any other expenatures beyond
> minute.

Hi Chris, you'll want to use Disk Utility (or whatever it's called) to
burn the ISO. AFAIK it should work but the posting here saying that it
won't work may be correct (I use Toast to do my burning).

It's neither your computer, nor the Ubuntu CD that's preventing your
computer from booting Ubuntu. You need to burn the ISO to disk, but
NOT as a file!

I'm surprised others haven't piped in on this problem since there are
a number of PPC users on this list.

Also, check out the YellowDogLinux web site for comments on CD
burning. I know they have a HowTo on how to prepare the YDL CD for
booting & both distros will use more-or-less the same procedure to
boot on PPC.

http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/solutions/ydl_general/iso_burn-osx.shtml
http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/support/solutions/ydl_general/

Eric.