Newbie Install Question

Rich Rudnick nickrud at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 19 02:38:18 UTC 2005

On Sat, 2005-03-19 at 02:40 +0100, Philippe Landau wrote:
> >>Yes, but I wanted to run the Live CD to make sure everything is ok.  I
> >>saw how to do it in Synaptic but very afraid of making a mistake.
> > As they say, measure twice, cut once :)
> or with linux: burn 10 times and still get burned ;-)
> but seriously, would be nice to have a LiveCD
> that would offer to make backups to CDs
> or restore mbr home folder etc from them.

Sounds like a bugzilla feature request to me :)

But seriously, if ubuntu is what it claims to be, you should only have
to install once, ever. I ran the same debian system for years without
reinstalling. I just upgraded packages as they came along. Right now I'm
just flirting with this upstart, but apt is apt, and James Troup is a
stern ftp-master :)