No sound when playing .wmv files

Jon Dixon dixon.jon at gmail.com
Thu Mar 17 22:35:18 UTC 2005

I used to always compile my own xine, but in Hoary I tend to use Mplayer
for files and totem-xine for DVD playback.

Rolling your own does often do the business, where precompiles assume so
much.

One of the reasons I build mplayer from source is that the Ubuntu
package doesn't work if I want to play an smb networked file on a
windows box. SMB support wasn't compiled in.