No sound when playing .wmv files

Karl kaha at colug.org
Thu Mar 17 15:22:39 UTC 2005

Hello, no problem with the delay. I'm in no hurry, and appreciate your
response.  :)

I don't have mplayer installed, I'm using totem-xine, and also have xine
installed.
I installed the w32codecs package from the current .deb, and it
installed with no reported errors. So, we get:

kaha at wombat:~ $ locate divxa32.acm
/usr/lib/win32/divxa32.acm

I then wanted to see if xine had the correct audio plugins enabled, and
get:

kaha at wombat:~/Video $ xine --list-plugins=audio_decoder
This is xine (X11 gui) - a free video player v0.99.3.
(c) 2000-2004 The xine Team.

 Available xine's plugins:
   -Audio decoder:
     gsm610, mad, ffmpegaudio, flacdec, a/52, dvaudio, realadec, nsf,
speex, vorbis, dts, faad, pcm, qta, win32a.