detecting modem

thane ulist at gs1.ubuntuforums.org
Thu Mar 17 09:45:56 UTC 2005

Try to explain in much detail as possible what you have done so in
setting up your modem so that you can get the most accurate help
possible.

The quick answer to your question, and possibly not the most helpful
depending on what the problem may be, is for you to go Ubuntu
documentation/howto's. There is an excellent howto for connecting the
Internet with pppconfig, and then setting up modem lights. If you
haven't done that step yet, try it first. If that doesn't work come
back and do what I said in the beginning.

Explain the problem and what you have done in as much detail as
possible. Folks here, I have found so far, are very helpful if they
have got the facts.

Cheers!

/Thane :)

--