unrar

david nux at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Mar 16 17:04:29 UTC 2005

On Wed, 2005-03-16 at 17:55 +0100, Egon Bianchet wrote:
> Il giorno mer, 16/03/2005 alle 16.33 +0000, david ha scritto:
> > Greetings
> >
> > Is there a gui for unrar, or, is there an archiver that supports
> > rar/unrar with a gui?
> >
> > Am getting nowhere with unrar on the command line (despite reading the
> > manual several times.)
> >
> > Many thanks
> >
> > David
> >

> file-roller
> --
> Egon Bianchet

File-roller didn't seem to be able to do it. I kept getting unknown file
format errors.
The version of unrar I was using was the free version (v1:0.0.1) but I
then found unrar-nonfree which is at version 3.4. It sorted it straight
away. (Though, only from the command line, not from the right click
menu.)

Thanks anyway.

David