Warty : reinstalling, quick question...

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Sun Mar 13 13:26:56 UTC 2005

> Thanks Ed, I think I can proceed now... see you in 30 minutes if all goes well ;o)
> --
> Vince

Done :o)
It was even easier than I thought, the partitioner didn't have only the
options "do not use" and "do no format", it also had the option "Reuse
the partition and KEEP the data on it". I selected that, everything went
well :o)
I also backed-up my /var/cache/apt directory into my /home folder before
wiping the / partition, so I was able to re-install all my programs in
an eye blink.

Only things that did not go right, is that the monitor was not
detected/recognized at all (like in Hoary) anymore, despite Warty used
to. I hope that it's not my monitor that's defective. It might be 7 year
old, but I intended to keep it for at least another 5 or 10 years, until
flat screens equal CRT qualities and prices go down...

--
Vince