[Hoary] Evolution is very unstable -- crashes often.

Vincent Trouilliez vincent.trouilliez at modulonet.fr
Sat Mar 12 06:46:29 UTC 2005

> I hate to say it, but the instability in Evolution began happening right
> around the time that Novell bought Ximian.  What's up with that, I
> wonder?

I have only started to use Evolution with Warty, 5 month ago then, so
can't compare witrh pre-Novell times, but Evolution sure is defintely
the worse program that I have to deal with in my everyday use of
Gnome/Ubuntu.  It always find a good reason to crahs, hang, or be
slow/sluggish, not to mention the bugs. But I still like it, so I keep
hoping that one days, it will load fast, execute fast/be very
responsive, be stable, no hang etc. I had a look at Gnome's plans for
2.12, and they seem well aware of Evolutions problems and plan to work
on it, particularly on responsivness and memory usage, which is a good
start I think. But, it all happens so slowly, it will probably take 3
year before it's really as good as it should.
In the meantimes, I try not to think too mcub about all the problems,
and try to just live with them... hoping for the best at each
update...and expecxting the worst, as the saying goes I think...

--
Vince