Torcs : how to start it ?

Hervé Cauwelier herve.cauwelier at nospam.free.fr
Tue Mar 8 14:17:41 UTC 2005

Vincent Trouilliez wrote:
> Yes I saw the .deb package, but it's not for Ubuntu, maybe it's risky to
> install it ?

Since it's a universe package, I can take care of it. I can test the
compilation of the latest of Debian Unstable but I don't have upload
rights. So I won't be of much help I'm afraid.

Anyway, it fails to build from source (FTBFS):

checking for XF86VidModeSetViewPort in -lXxf86vm... no
configure: error: Can't find libXxf86vm. Please check config.log and if
you can't solve the problem send the file to
torcs-users at lists.sourceforge.net with the subject "torcs compilation
problem"
make: *** [debian/stamp-makefile-build] Error 1
pbuilder: Failed autobuilding of package

Moreover, the only architecture in common with Hoary is i386. I don't
konw if architecture-specific packages must be available on all
supported architecture or if it doesn't care for Universe packages.
Though Debian has a waiting patch to make torcs compile on AMD64...

--
Hervé Cauwelier
http://www.oursours.net/