PHP5?

Oliver Grawert hostmaster at grawert.net
Tue Mar 8 12:40:03 UTC 2005

hi,
Am Dienstag, den 08.03.2005, 10:27 +0000 schrieb Nicholas H.Tollervey:
> PHP5 has been out since last summer and there are lots of cool tools
> that are exclusively PHP5 (http://www.xisc.com/ springs to mind). I
> would package them into debs myself but don't have the experience to do
> so (actually it'd be fun to try).

yeah, go on

> Yes, I want to have my cake and eat it - use ubuntu AND develop web
> applications with it! Any idea what the PHP5 plans are for ubuntu?

currently the best plan would be if you would try the packaging and join
the force of MOTU. there is nobody having the time this short before
release to create test and care for such packages (neither in MOTU nor
in the main distro team), but if you would do the work and give them to
the MOTU we could probably still include them in universe (at least with
a preview tag in the version number)

so if youre interested:

https://www.ubuntulinux.org/wiki/MOTU

or meet us on IRC in #ubunut-motu